Teachers may find the Earth Days Teacher's Guides particularly useful, along with:
- Introduction: Earth Days
- A Timeline of the Modern Environmental Movement
- Twitter Discussion with Robert Stone - information about how to follow the Twitter conversation during the Earth Days premiere.
- PBS Webinar Archive - information about the recent webinar with Robert Stone
Earthcast is a 24-hour global webcast held on Earth Day that hopes to foster a global conversation on the issues that face all of us. To find out more about the webcast and how you can get involved, visit the Earthbridges wiki. Other information and ways to get involved can be found here:
- Ways to Participate in Earthcast 2010
- Add your thoughts: Earthcast 2010 Wallwisher
- Add your ideas: Earthcast 2010 Voicethread
- Earthcast 2010 YouTube Challenge
- Earthcast 2010 Facebook Fan Page
- Follow Earthcast 2010 on Twitter
Earth Day Resources
Here are some other Earth Day resources I've been collecting:
- The Green Guide for Everyday Living - some great eco-tips from National Geographic
- Think Green - Discovery Education and Waste Management - includes lesson plans and activities
- From Jen Dorman - A sharetabs collection of carbon footprint calculators (very cool!)
- Classroom Earth - from the National Environmental Education Foundation (geared toward high schools)
- Cool School Challenge - what a difference we could make if all of our schools went Green!
- Earth Day 2010 EnviroLink Resource Guide - can help you find an Earth Day event or organize one of your own
- Earth Day 2010 wiki - pledge to do something different to help the environment
- Earth Savers Club for Kids
- Eco-Schools USA - National Wildlife Federation Learn how to green your school, inside and out!
- EPA Environmental Kids Club - Be sure to also check out the EPA Teaching Center
- Green Activities & Classroom Resources: Environmentally Friendly Lessons - TeacherVision
- Green My Parents - kids grade their parents on saving energy, water, and gas (site goes live on Earth Day)
- Good Guide - find safe, healthy, and green products
- Green Living 101 - includes articles like "25 Easy Ways to Help Save the Planet," "9 Things You Can Do to Save Water," and "How Green Are You?"
- How to Recycle or Reuse Anything from Real Simple - "An A to Z guide of what can be tossed into which bin", it includes links to other websites where you can find more information about how to recycle particular products.
- Meet the Greens - a site for kids about sustainability and green living.
- Nationmaster - Environment Statistics
- Planetpals Earthday Educational Ideas Activities Fun Facts, etc.
- PBS Kids - Earth Day
- PBS Teachers Activity Packs - Earth Day - a cool widget for your blog!
- Reach Every Child - Develop students' environmental awareness
- TeachersFirst: Earth Day - Editors' Choices - great list of Earth Day resources for the classroom!
- The Guardian - Environment news, comment and analysis Be sure to check out the Green Living section!
- Top 1000 Environmental Websites - World Environmental Organization
- Worldmapper: The world as you've never seen it before - Carbon emissions map from 2000
[I'll be adding more links to this list, so check back! If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. Thanks!]